Monday 14 November 2011

A few layouts from Copenhagen


This is the view from our hotel room in Copenhagen. We were a good way away from the tourist area but it was exciting to see all of the city like this and trying to guess where the Tivoli gardens might be or even if we can see it. I am not sure we did but on a good day, you could see cruise liners to the left and a very big Oresund bridge connecting to Sweden on the right.


The next layout shows my guys were resting under a tree in the gardens of Rosenberg Castle. It seems appropriate to decorate the layout with another tree.


Lastly are some photos of our walk to see the Elephant Gate at Ny Calsberg factory. This was a good way away from any tourist site but I am glad we made the effort. The elephants were quite stunning. I was surprised to see that some of the elephants were decorated in swastika but my boys enlightened me that the swastika has Buddhist and Sanskrit origin...just the sort of thing they might have decorated the "saddle" on the elephant in India.

2 comments:

Sian said...

These are all stunning Ifa. You know how much I admire your sure touch - every detail is perfectly placed!

alexa said...

Beautiful work - I love your tree above the tree!