Wednesday 5 December 2012

Something Blue ?

Emilie at Merly Impressions challenged us to use Blue on a layout for their November challenge.  I have been meaning to join in but my good intention stayed intention due to other commitments.  But I couldn't excuse myself seeing as this challenge is so broad and flexible.

I have decided to create a LO just using just blue.  Quite strange for me, I missed the splash of yellow or red that I would normally add.

This layout uses a photo from many years ago, when the boys were tiny, on our trip to Morocco.  It seems appropriate to use blue, to suggest a calm oasis and the pool area that this photo was taken in.

 

6 comments:

alexa said...

oh, yes and how very cool it feels - such a pretty mixture of blues and turquoises :).

Sandra said...

Beautiful layout!

Chrissy said...

Hi Ifa,

Thank you for entering the Merly Challenge.

Your layout is beautiful, love all the shades of blue and the blue journalling is very effective.

Chrissy xXx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Lovely!! :D

Chrissy said...



Hi Ifa,

Congratulations, you are the winner of the Merly Layout Challenge.

Please contact us for your prize.
Chrissy xXx

Mel said...

love this - its so serene and the black and white works well.