Monday 14 January 2013

2013 Resolution

Happy New Year my friends.  It has been a few weeks since I blogged. I didn't get a lot of chance to be crafty or even sit at the computer to properly compose a blog post over the holidays.  Can you forgive me ?  Are we still friends ?

Have you made a new year's resolution ?  I don't subscribe to this "annual, make a promise and then promptly break it before January is out" event.  I figured, if I need to change anything that I am not happy with, right now is the right time for that change...not January the 1st. 

I am making one change right now, it just happens to coincide with the new year.  I supposed, you could say, I have made a resolution for 2013. This resolution was brought on by the January sales ( or we should now call it the December sale ). My resolution is, "No new dresses".

I have even made a layout about it LOL, I have handwritten my promise, my resolution. In some small way, if you write it down, it must be true mentality, I am hoping this will help me keep my promise to myself. What do you think ?  Am I deluded ?



I have a particular weakness for dresses, particularly from Anthropologie. All the three Anthropologie dresses featured in this layout have made their way into my wardrobe. Now I just need some appropriate ocassions to wear them.

Here are the dresses close up.


And the handwritten title decorated with butterfly sequins and sparklies.  Got to have some sparklies, right ?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is stunning Ifa!! I love the title work. I am hoping that doing a layout of what you plan to stick to works.....as I have done the same in quitting the evil weed ;0) Good luck with a less cramped wardrobe!!

Sian said...

I have a thing for dresses and a thing for paper dolls so this page speaks to me on every level!

A very Happy New Year to all of you too, from all of us

alexa said...

What a pretty page - and so ironic it is about doing without pretty things! I love your style ...