Thursday 29 August 2013

Returning to the World of Work!

I am pleased to share with you that I am going back to work next week. It is part-time maternity cover for a year. It is the biggest employer I have worked for so that is quite daunting. There has been a lot of paper work too.  I hope I can find my nearly 30 years old passport because they want to see my original "indefinite leave to remain" stamp.  Or I might not be going to that all day induction on Monday.

ps: I relented ( oh that was arm twistingly hard ) and bought some lovely new work dresses

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations my friend!! Want to know a secret? Me too :) I know how you feel.....excited, nervous...then more excitement!! Hope this doesn't mean that you are out of scrapping action ;)

debs14 said...

Good luck! The first day will be the hardest but after that I know you will be fine (especially in those smart new dresses!)
I had a gap of 13 years between leaving work to have my children and going back - boy that first day was nerve wracking!
Where will you be working? Is it local?

Sian said...

Oh, how exciting! Very best of luck on that first day

Lesley G said...

Good luck :)

Hilary J said...

Good luck! Hope it works out well.

alexa said...

I am late in catching up, Ifa, and hope it has all gone well. many congratulations ...