Tuesday 19 March 2013

Recovering from the Retreat

I have just returned from a weekend teaching, lovely-stash stroking and meeting even lovelier people in Warrington with Sarah's Cards. We had the most fantastic time but you can read further on Sarah's Cards blog. I attempted to make a start with a couple of layouts but I generally failed to to do any scrapping, resorting instead to a book.  I didn't sleep very much or very well and am currently attempting to replace some lost sleep.

I taught this layout in class. We used some beautiful MME papers and Washi tape. I couldn't believe that MME has generously donated a whole pack of Washi tape for each delegate. If I had known we were to come by such bounty, I would have gone all out with Washi tape.


The photo is of my boys when they were much younger. We had a few photos of the boys on the stairs of this house. In this one, we've just stripped many years of black and white ( and nicotine cladded ) paint from the stair threads. I converted the photo to black and white because the stripped stairs didn't look very good and needed plenty more sand paper and elbow grease.

I enjoyed teaching all three classes. Everyone who attended were extremely encouraging and I was buoyed by their enthusiasm. Sadly this is the last retreat but I am sure we will meet again, some of you lovelies.


2 comments:

Mel said...

Cute picture and a great layout!

Unknown said...

Another stunner Ifa. I love the balance with all the embellishments and although you have a lot on the page your eye is still drawn to that glorious photo :0)