Tuesday 24 May 2011

Back to scrapbooking

I haven't been scrapbooking since my last post. Then last week I went to Scrap-a-mia in Southampton. I had such a great time,I came away brimming with enthusiasm. I have since finished my projects from the weekend which I will share later but here are two layouts I have made since. Now I wish I didn't stay away.


First up is my little one on the first day of school. Well the photo is but the journalling is more recent. I always do the first day of school photos but aside from the good photo, handsome chaps in their new (too big) uniform sentiments, I don't really have much more to say for a layout so I tend to expand the story a bit to say what's school like for them. I am thinking, I might also do an "end of year" report for this one.


Followed by our pit stop trip to Giverny last August. We were in Paris for a long weekend and we saw for the first time, Mona Lisa ( disappointing! ) and Versailles ( far too busy ). We had a whole day to kill between checking out in Paris and taking a late afternoon shuttle from Calais so we made a detour to Giverny. There were no paintings of great value left in Giverny but they had some prints. I love the scale of Monet's waterlily paintings. And to be able to see the landscape that inspired his paintings especially that lily pond (complete with a man in a little boat tidying the planting).

I am sorry I was away. Will you forgive me ? Will you still visit ?

1 comment:

Sian said...

Ifa, what a lovely surprise! The old magic hasn't deserted you I see :)

Now, may we have another post soon? please?