Saturday 26 May 2012

Truly Great Village Parties


Hello Partygoers.  Are you enjoying the party ? Are you here to see another Jubilee Project ? I have a 12x12 Scrapbook layout to share with you.

As someone who isn't even British, I am perhaps too overly excited about the upcoming Jubilee celebrations. We managed to get some tickets to the Diamond Jubilee Festival at Battersea Park in London through being online subscribers of The Times {happy dance}. I am looking forward to some music, some art&craft, some cakes and my particular favourite, some vintage shopping {yippee}. But there is still a week to go before the celebrations start.

I would like to share with you a layout that I made about my excitement.  I love a village party...my only complain is the copious amount of hog roast!


I have used a photo of an "egg & spoon" race that my boys participated in at our village party a few years ago.

1) I started by identifying three areas on my layout, the photo area at the top, the title in the middle and some journalling below. I am going to use a doilly to mat my photo, so I stamped two further doillies to echo in the title area and the journalling area. The stamps are by October Afternoon Farmhouse collection.
2) Working on the cluster under the photo,  I add some flowers that I cut out of Crate Paper Pretty Party Invitation. From the same range, I added a couple of strips of paper from Confetti and Accent Cuts. I also added a small strip of salmon lace.
 3) Next I worked on the cluster at the bottom. I haved added another flower cut out from Crate Paper Pretty Party Invitation, a small Tim Holtz vial label and a die cut from Pink Paislee London Market Ephemera Pack.
 4) I strung up a few flags from Pink Paislee London Market Ephemera Pack to hang across the layout.
 5) I cut out some Thickers for my title and arrange them under the flags.
6) Once I am happy with this arrangement, I attached everything to the cardstock.
7) I added a label, a used stamp and a strawberry brad next to the photo.

 8) I added a chipboard crown and a fabric covered button to the bottom.
9) And a bit of journalling to complete my layout.

Here is the layout again.

I hope to be back with a lot more party layouts after the Jubilee weekend. If you leave a comment on this post, I will do a draw on 4th of June for you to win a set of handmade-by-me Jubilee buttons.



Why don't you join us and find more inspiring Jubilee makes at  The Making Spot.

9 comments:

Mel said...

Love this page - very patriotic from the Malaysian! I am looking forward to the Jubilee too!

K said...

Lovely layout, just the right amount of britishness without being OTT ... does that make it even more british?

stephanie said...

Great LO! pleased the stamp is used...imagine using a new one! too pricey! awesome buttons btw

debs14 said...

What a lovely layout and I like the way you have talked us through how the design evolved. Really pretty layout with a very topical theme!

Sian said...

Ifa, the buttons are so beautiful that if they came my way I'd want to save them up and admire them :)

Helen said...

I love this layout. I hadn't spotted those flags before but am inspired to have a go at making my own. Also, why have I never thought to cut out Thickers to arrange them?! I always suffer from premature sticking down and ruining the photo/paper!

Hope you're well :)

Leanie said...

Lush buttons, and loved the step-by-step - thanks! x

Sam Ball (aka sammyb) said...

Those buttons are totally cute xxx
Having been to London to see the flotilla I've got plenty of planned layouts that they'd be perfect for xxx
Great layout too BTW

Anne said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. It is shame I am too late, but these buttons looked gorgeous. Like you, I was surprisingly engrossed in the whole Jubilee thing although, I am French and hardly a royalist at heart. I do love the fact that everybody comes together and celebrates joyfully despite the weather ! But I must admit, we watched it on TV !!

Anne X