Thursday 21 June 2012

An Alternative Banner


The flags in this layout is inspired by the flags and mast on the boat I photographed. I also decided to dip into my rarely used but often added to stash of laces to use for the flags.  I think it is a nice alternative to the horizontal, paper version.  Let's face it, with the celebrations we are having this year in the UK, I think the bunting craze is going to stay with us a while yet.

I did this layout for Sarah's Cards earlier this year. I've used die cuts from Pink Paislee Nantucket collection, perfect for a day at the beach. The photos are from out day trip to Aldeburgh last summer.  It was warm but it is never warm enough for me to go in the sea anywhere here.  But H being the hardy soul he is, did.

I was contemplating making a trip to beach yesterday and today, we ended up with the greyest day. Perhaps it is best that I don't contemplate and plan...just do it...surprise the "weather man" so he does not put a damper on my plans.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love the lace banner it works really well on this layout and I like the misting effect too!