Tuesday 7 May 2013

Rediscovering my Paint Brushes

I used to use a lot of water colour on my layouts a few years back.  Then mist appeared and the trend was towards misting and splashing. Last week, I was working with American Crafts Amy Tangerine Yes Please range. Amy Tan uses a lot of water colour which persuaded me to dig out my paint brushes.

I made this for Sarah's Cards.


There's me on the Segway in Paris, the Golden Dome Church in the background, waiting to cross the road. I painted some water colour circles on white cardstock that I outlined and cut out.
 
 
The Paris was hand written and cut out...alas, I don't have one of those fancy cutting machine.  Want to see it close up ?


Actually I think the background paper is Dear Lizzy but then her ranges use water colour effects too. I think with the soft colours of water colour, it is easy to mix and match. Now, if only the water does not wrinkle the paper so...

6 comments:

debs14 said...

What an effective way to use paint on a page! I love this layout, brilliant.

alexa said...

What a stylish piece of lettering! And the watercolour effects are lovely too - putting them onto separate pieces of paper is clever, as it saves the card stock getting wrinkly ... Lovely effect!

Sian said...

Is there any style you can't do?! this is so lovely

Scrappi Sandi said...

More pure gorgeousness...you are so versatile! BTW I have an original Silhouette machine up for sale, in full working order including new spare blade, should you feel the need!! ;D

Unknown said...

I've just seen this over at Sarah's....don't know how I missed it on your blog!! Love this Ifa.....more inspiration...just waiting to find the time...sigh.

Nathalie said...

This is so pretty!!! I was in awe of your cut title and even more so when I read that it was hand written and hand cut!!!! I would love to see a step by step of you doing that! I am a huge fan of hand cut titles! (and no, I don't have a fancy cutting machine either! :P