Wednesday 8 October 2008

Inspired by a comic book


This is a layout from Alnwick Castle that we visited in the summer...seems a world away now. You might better know Alnwick Castle as the Harry Potter Castle or Hogwarts from the film...not nearly as impressive in real life though. Where's CGI when you need it ?
The layout shows H in Knights School battling demons and dragons. He was really into it, picking up a (foam) sword to do battle so I decided to make a the layout in comic style to show the fight progressing.
I converted the photos to comic book artwork using Comic Effect Action by A90Six, a Photoshop action that I downloaded from the internet. To make the "Comic Voice", I printed the text using SF Slapstick Shaded font that I downloaded from Dafont.com, drew the spiky outlines and coloured in using watercolour. In true comic book style, I've also added some speech bubbles that I hand drew and wrote.
Most of the supply for this layout came from my Studio Calico kit including that very yellow piece of newspaper ( most probably not acid and lignin free! ). I use scrapbooking products mostly but do let a few "naughties" through. Are you strict about what supply you put on your page ?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

wow Ifa this is fantastic!