Monday 6 September 2010

First day blues




My boys have gone to school and I am missing them. I am feeling the blues when I play "Jackson Street Blues" (Incidentally, that's the grade 5 piece I started at the beginning of the holiday and guess what, I had a lesson on Saturday and I've pulled it off! But let's leave that for another day ).

The house feels huge and empty without them. H starts at the Upper school today so with both boys at the same site, only one drop off point for me. There will be a few after school headache though but I am sure we will cope. The major point will be trying to motivate J to join more clubs! But we can't be too pushy, he has some IGCSE to contend with in June.

3 comments:

Sian said...

The house certainly can seem very quiet when they've gone! They both look very smart and I'm wishing them all the best for a successful year.

Alison said...

I am sure you will soon get used to the space and quiet, Ifa, and maybe start to enjoy it! I hope the boys have a great year at school and do well.

Sue Jones said...

don't they look great ! :)