Thursday 27 October 2011

Royal Jelling

We visited Jelling to see the large rune stones of Gorm the Old and Harald Bluetooth. The stones were amazing, though not very well presented when we visited. They were doing renovation work around the stones with much digging and one stone moved aside to prevent futher deterioration to the stones. But we managed a peek ( and we get to say we've done that! ).


I didn't know this but did you know the bluetooth symbol
is actually the runic letters H and B, for Harald Bluetooth's initials.

This layout was done for the Bubbly Scrumptious challenge. I have used the colours from the board and as I was drawn to the arrow on the inspiration board, I made some of those for my layout too.

5 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Great LO and history Lesson Ifa.

Thanks for joining in with the cahllenge

debs14 said...

I absolutly love that fancy frame on this layout and the colours too. And who'd have guessed the bluetooth symbol would have historic origins?!

Sian said...

No I didn't know that - and now I have an interesting fact to tell my brother whose degree is in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic! (Mind you, knowing him he probably knows already lol)

A beautiful layout

alexa said...

I didn't! And thta's a lovely page - i like the different frames for each of the photos...

Vicky said...

I didn't know that!
Great layout. Love how you've used the space, and the fancy frame - fabulous! :)